Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Woke up and went to Grammar at 8:30 - the only thing I had aallllll day long. We were sitting there waiting for the professor (we´re always there before her) and quite a bit of time had passed when some lady came in to tell us we were having a sub and she should be there in 10 minutes. Finally, at 8:50 I walked out - it felt like the worst April Fool´s joke ever! I can´t believe I woke up early for that. Anyway, Steph, Whitney, Taylor and I got our hostel booked for Portugal so I guess that´s good! I did some more shopping/errands then came home for lunch. I started laying out some stuff for Morocco and Italy but wasn´t getting much done before I had to head back to the CLM to do some Skyping. I got to talk to Rob forever - about 2 hours! I was so happy :) I miss him so much.. He did let me know that it´s 50 days until I get home, though (which comes with mixed feelings). After talking to him I got to talk to Mandy for a while then chat with Mom since our video wouldn´t connect. I was happy to hear from both of them but bummed that we couldn´t long and that I couldn´t see Mom. At least I´ll be seeing her in a week! Sounds like Mandy, Justin, Kent, and Laura had a fun weekend in Sioux City. Talking to Mandy made me excited for summer! It´s going to be a good one.. Ok so after Skyping I came home, had dinner, showered, and packed! I´m trying to bring as little amout of stuff as possible but it´s hard when I don´t really know what to expect. It´s supposed to be good weather in Morocco but not so hot in Italy. (Well, Mom and Dad think it´s going to be nice since it´s snowing at home right now.. I think it will be cold and cloudy) I tried to set out stuff for my second trip since I will have almost NO time in between. I guess I´ll just have to throw everything together at the last minute. Taylor and I were giggling and talking until about midnight when Julia came in, told us to be quieter because of the vecinos, and literally shut off our light like little girls. I needed to go to sleep anyway but it just made me laugh. Oh, Julia... (sigh)