Thursday, January 22, 2009
This morning we slept in until almost eleven then breakfast went as usual. Before the meeting we asked Verónica about our luggage and she told Taylor that instead of sending hers to Granada from Malaga, it was sent to Grenada, which is on an island in the Antilles. Apparently this happened to someone last semester and it got sent back to their home in the states. Then she told me she talked to both the airport and the Hotel Meliá and neither one claim to have it. The airport says they delivered it but the hotel says they never received it. So the most frustrating part is that it’s so close but so totally lost. She’s going to keep checking but honestly, I think there’s a chance it might not show up at all. We kept waiting every day thinking it would be at our house when we got home so it was pretty disheartening that it’s nowhere close. Then we had our meeting where we took a bunch of surveys. After the meeting we stayed to talk to her a little bit more to see what we could do about our luggage. I also had some other stuff to talk to her about, like my French class and the Morocco trip. I found out that I’ll have to take a placement test for French and the class starts midway through February and goes until June 5. So that means I’ll miss the last parts of the class and just have to take the final early. Also, I can’t go on the Morocco trip on a different weekend so I won’t be able to go to Italy for the whole time with Mom and Dad. Hopefully we’ll get that figured out soon! After meeting with her we rushed back for lunch and told Julia about our luggage. She was getting a little riled up about it, it was so cuteJ. We had lunch and she helped Taylor with some homework then we rushed back to the CLM for class. On our way back home we decided to stop by Corte Inglés to do a little shopping. Taylor bought a cheap pair or Chucks and some socks and I bought a pair of pointy red flatsJ. That definitely made us feel better! We came back, had dinner, then headed to the internet place. I finally sent out a mass email and updated my blog (without checking for mistakes – I can hardly believe it! I get so mad when other people have mistakes in their writing and I would probably cringe at reading my own entries). I also got to talk to Mom via messaging and got to talk to and see Rob! We looked up some flights for next week and found some for €5! Yep, you read that right: €5. I’m not really sure how that works but we’re hopefully going to catch one of those flights to somewhere and spend some time in Barcelona which I can’t wait for! Mitch met up with us there and we headed out for a little paseo. First we made a pit stop at BK then tried to find this tapas place he wanted to check out. We never ended up finding it but we did stumble upon the cathedral – wow, especially at night – and this awesome little plaza. We stopped for tapas at our new favorite place, where you get to pick which one you want! We tried some croquetas that came with fries, but I will say Julia’s are much better. (So she definitely brags about how great of a cook she is and how everything is natural but I caught her opening up a bag out of the freezer the other day. So I asked her about what we were eating and as she described how she makes them I specifically asked if she made the ones on our plate. She quickly explained that she found this great little place that sells ones made with all natural ingredients so when she finds them she buys them. Oh, Julia…) After a long walk back in the rain and a game of this-or-that we’re finally warm and dry in our beds. ¡Hasta mañana!