Monday, February 16, 2009
I didn´t sleep well last night and wasn’t feeling too hot all morning. I had Grammar class which was fine, then finally did a bunch of stuff online – posting blogs, pictures, mass email, etc. It was nice to get some of that done! I bought my art book then Taylor and I headed home for lunch. We had lentil soup and some sort of fried meat patty that Julia explained it was like a hamburger with milk, uhh what? I wrote postcards to Grandma and Grandma and Grandpa then went to CCA2 for Tutorías with José. He just cracks me up! Waited around on the internet for an hour until fonética, which is basically my principles of linguistics course from last semester ... in Spanish. We came home (after a pit-stop at Mercadona for some candy) then had exactly what we guessed we would have for dinner – grilled cheese with deli sliced chicken. I started a new book, the one Taylor just finished reading and I’m pretty excited about it since I can’t even remember the last time I read a novel for fun! I was even happier when I heard my phone vibrate and it was Dad calling! Mom had her surgery today and he was calling to let me know how it went. She sounded exhausted but it sounded like Grandma and Dad were taking good care of her. Hopefully we´ll be able to Skype tomorrow!