2-22-09

Sunday, February 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!!! I thought about you at midnight, but I guess it was only 5:00pm there so I'm not sure that counts.
Anyway, I'm not really sure where Saturday ended and Sunday ended so I guess I'll start with our walk to the bus. The sun had risen and we were all exhausted, dirty, and ready to get back to Granada. Remember when I said it was absoulte craziness? Yeah, there were still plenty of people out when we left around 9:00am. We could finally see the street and it was absolutely trashed - so disgusting. I don't understand when they zamboni (these cute little machines they use to wash the streets) the city because we got there in the afternoon it was clean and there were as many people out as there when we left in the morning. Anyway, we were dropped off at a different place than where we were supposed to get on the bus so we had a horrible time finding it. We called the people in charge about 5 times and wandered around forever until we finally saw that beautiful purple and yellow thing. I'm pretty sure most of us were asleep before the bus even pulled away. The seats were pretty comfortable but I was so happy I brought my blanket and inflatable neck pillow. That thing has definitely come in handy! We stopped after a few hours for a 45 minute break (ugh), made it back to Hipercor, then another 45 minute back to our place and we were finally home! Julia laughed at Taylor's face which had been stained pink from her mask and told us we looked like we were dead tired. We had lunch, showered, then took a 3 hour nap which was hardly enough. We made ourselves get up though so we would be able to sleep during the night. Had dinner, did some homework, then got to talk to Rob!! I probably used too much of my phone card, but I was glad to talk to him :) Hopefully we'll be able to Skype soon.