2-18-09

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I left my flash drive in the computer yesterday but it was there when I got back. Today I did the same thing on the upstairs computer but unfortunately, it´s nowhere to be found. Someone said they thought it was turned in but I checked both ¨lost and found¨ places and they didn´t have it. So, updating blogs might be a bit difficult for a while but I´ll do my best.
Ok, so this morning I woke up early for grammar class which was fine then I had from 10:30-2:30 to bum around and wait for my meeting. I did lots of stuff on the computer but also took the time to wander around the city a bit. I explored this area off Recogidas where my Let´s Go Europe book told me there was an international bookstore. I eventually found it and picked up a new book for Taylor´s birthday that I know she´s going to be really excited about :) It´s next Tuesday and Julia is making a special meal and already ordered a cake - yay! I think I might get her some candy or flowers or something too but that will have to wait until Monday. I also found a cute little toy shop and looked around for souvenirs but instead found some stuff I like! (for my future classroom, of course) I found a little jewelry shop and a shoe store with with some really cute SUPER CHEAP stuff that I might have to go back for. I also went through the UGR (University of Granada) bookstore and found a sweatshirt and little bag that I´d really like to have. I was so proud of myself for not buying anything - only Taylor´s present! Unfortunately, on my way back to the CLM I wasn´t so successful. I accidently went into this little pastry shop and accidently bought the most delicious triangular chocolate pastry ever. Only €1, uh oh - I can see myself accidently going in that direction again very soon. Went to my Intercultural meeting at CCA2, had my bocadillo (cheese & evoo, my fave) then did some more walking. On my way home I walked along the river the opposite way where I´d never been and did some more exploring. I found these cute little bridges, outdoor tennis courts, and a high school right next to where we walk every day. Who knew? On my way past the park the orange trees caught my eye and got me thinking - if they're all over town like this, why do people ever pay for them? They looked really orange and ripe and a few were on the ground below the tree. I decided to test my hypothesis. I made sure nobody could see me, found a good one within reach, and yanked. It absoultely would not budge. I felt like I bent the whole tree over! So naturally, I tried again. This time I got pricked by a thorn and even bled a tiny bit. Seriously - orange trees have thorns?! Disappointed, I came back and took an amazing shower, then started some homework. Taylor came back from class and we both crawled in bed for a little rest which turned into a 2 hour nap. Whoops! Woke up for dinner - leftover pureed veggie soup and fish balls - which is way better than it sounds. Then, Taylor picked up internet connection so I got to Skype with Rob for a little bit! The connection wasn´t very strong so was super annoying when the call would drop every 2 minutes but I was still happy to talk to him :)