3-17-09

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HAPPY ST. PATRICK´S DAY!
Had lit as usual but art history was cancelled :) I hung out on the computer for quite a while then went to Orange to recharge my phone. (That was a terrible translation - regargar is more like putting money into my account... I hate that my English is slipping) I tried to look for Citibank to cash my reimbursement check but it was not where it was supposed to be. Came back for lunch then had a general meeting with Verónica, POE, French, and Granada Seminar. After that Taylor, Mitch, Whitney, and her friend that´s visiting went to a Mexican restaurant we found one day while wandering around. It looked and smelled so good from outside but it was definitely not up to par. First of all, we were served pork rinds with taco sauce and when I asked for chips they were SO stale and greasy. The rice had chunks of ham in it and I more or less had a tiny strawberry milkshake without the ice cream. There was something that looked like sour cream on my "taquitos" but it tasted more like frosting.. The menu said the filling was chicken and cheese but it looked more like salmon. It took forever to get our food and on top of everything, it was expensive! Before leaving the CLM we had intentions of going to an Irish pub but after our adventure we weren´t up for it. When we finally got home it was 11:15! Mexican food will be one of my first meals when I get home beacuse I´m definitely not giving it another shot in Europe..

PS Spaniards don´t understand the concept of St. Patrick´s Day. I was trying explain it to Julia when I realized that I don´t totally get it either. It´s really a dumb holiday when you think about it..
PPS Not even the Americans were wearing green.