3-19-09

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Like I said, I´m really far behind on updating my blogs so here´s what I remember:

- Literature was dreadful. Kathleen and I tried to keep each other awake but failed miserably.
- After a fosting drizzled palmera from chocolate y pan, I took a little snooze in the park near the CLM. Taylor walked by and frantically woke me up thinking we were late for Art. I jumped a mile when she poked me (obviously) and we had a good laugh and hung out for a half hour in the warm sun until class started.
- Instead of regular Art class, it was an excursion day. We saw the Arab baths (the real ones) which were so cool! I can´t even begin to explain it in detail.. We also went to the Corral del Carbón which Aurelio showed us our first week here. I´m really glad I had it explained to me again because I understand it a lot better now. Basically it was a primitive hotel for merchants passing though. Then we saw the Alcaicería - the Moroccan shops in the suuuper narrow streets near the Cathedral. You better believe that I´ve already spent my fair share of time there..
- POE and French were fine like usual
- I rarely answer my phone because I keep it on vibrate but while I was on the computer in between class I heard it ringing and it was Laura! I haven´t talked to her for quite a while so it was great to catch up on things back home and just chat :)
- Today was the halfway mark of my semester! Sometimes it seems like it´s just flown by but other times I think I´m really ready to get home and see everyone (especially Roberta). I have seen and done so much already and I can´t wait for everything else I have planned for the next 2+ months! I know the next half will go much faster than the last and I have some pretty mixed feelings about that.. In general, I´d say I´m definitely not ready to leave!