Monday, March 23, 2009
Very uneventful day. Breakfast, class, internet, lunch, class, break, class. The only exciting part was the volleyball game! We actually won this time but we can´t take too much credit considering the level of play and intensity on the court.. It was really fun though and some random Russian lady came up and asked if she could play with us. Lucky thing because we were short a player anyway. When I got back Julia was freaking out because the food was almost rady and I wasn´t home yet (exactly like she did at lunch with Taylor). I don´t understand it though because she knew exactly when I finished and how ridiculously long of a walk it was.. Oh, well. She´s a great host mom but sometimes her little quirks get to me! It definitely depends on the day and the kind of mood I´m in..
Forgot to mention another exciting thing - we got our hostel booked for Barcelona this weekend! (Well, sort of. The guy didn´t seem to understand my name and didn´t take a credit card number or anything so hopefully we have a couple beds when we get there!) I was so happy because it´s only €15 and I did the whole conversation in Spanish without ANY problems :) I feel like my Spanish is improving but not as much as I´d like. Little times like these reassure me that my skills aren´t as horrible as I think they are..