4-15-09

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Got a card from Mom in the mail today – yay! It’s freezing cold and rainy today – yuck. After paella, I got to Skype Mom, Mandy, Laura, and Rob (yes, for the third day in a row, how lucky am I?). At dinner I got into a big fight with Julia about Morocco/Moroccans and I was furious. She wouldn’t listen to anything I was saying and completely disregarded the fact that I have been there, experienced it first-hand and she hasn’t. I was making some really good points, too! The worst part is that her only basis of opinion is the immigrants living in Spain, the news, and the fact that Francisco lived in MELILLA for a few years. (Which is Spain, for the record) I was so upset that I finally gave up and left the dinner table. I had to take a shower before Taylor and I could debrief which just got us both riled up again.