Thursday, May 7, 2009
Went to class then on my way back I called Grandma Aalbers and got to talk to her for a little bit! They were getting ready to go to Tulip Time – how fun! It was good to chat for a bit, can’t wait to see everyone soon! I also called Grandma and Grandpa but they didn’t answer; maybe I’ll get to talk to them sometime this week.
Nothing too exciting happened during the day, I guess it was a little quieter without Taylor around. I did have my last French class which was a little weird.. I should really get going on my studying for finals! During lunch Julia told me that two Italian girls are coming to stay with us! I wonder what they’ll be like.. They’re only here for a week but I’m kind of excited to have them around the house. After dinner Mitch and I wanted to go to Flamboyant for some dessert but they were closed. Instead we went for churros and chocolate at CafĂ© Alhambra then for a tapita at Chikito – two things I wanted to do before leaving! It was such a beautiful night and we had the best seats in the house. Actually, outside the house. From Bib-Rambla we could see the cathedral and from Chikito we could see the Fuente de la Batalla. When we were sitting there Rick, the other group’s tour guide from Morocco walked past – such a small world! I just can’t imagine leaving yet, I’m not ready to go home L Came back and took a shower, packed, and jumped into my bed with new sheets – poppies! Taylor will be sad that our flannel is gone..