Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Went to lit then during my break I finally went and bought the Manuel Carrasco CD from Corté Inglés (only 6 euros!) and another Orange card. I’ve been trying to get one for almost a week, since I missed both Dad and Mandy’s calls and couldn’t call them back since I gave my last minutes to Taylor. Of course they’re never open when I walk by or every time they are I forget. Anyway, I had an email from Nicole saying that she would be home on Tuesday and to call her so we could figure it out. She didn’t answer but their home answering machine was so cute – bilingual J I might do that just for fun someday.
After that I tried to prepare for my lit final while sitting in the sun with Steph and Brigitte, had art, and then came home for lunch. We had the delicious chicken with garlic, veggie soup, and ice cream cake. I went to class and during French Nicole called me. It was so fun to talk to her and catch up but the bad news is that I’m not going to Switzerland this weekend L From the way she asked, “So I guess it’s too late now?” made me think that I shouldn’t push for an invitation. Bummer. After that Taylor, Mitch, Jeff, and I went for tapas after class. We were going to go home after one but ended up texting Julia to tell her we weren’t coming home for dinner. We went to a few of our favorite places and had kebabs and tragalliani ice cream. We ran into Graciela and Lucía near Plaza Nueva and they invited us over for lunch next week. I wish I would’ve spent more time hanging out with those girls – they’re so fun!