5-12-09

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It was definitely tough to get out of bed this morning! Shouldn’t have stayed out so late, but I’d say it was definitely worth it. I went to my LAST LIT CLASS and it was as awful as every other one so far this semester. Man, I can’t wait to be done with it. After class I tried to go back to the Japanese park but it was all locked up so I just parked it on a ledge in the plaza by the CLM and napped for about an hour in the sun. Ahhh, Spain. Went to my last Art History class (yay!) and saw Taylor for the first time in what felt like forever even though it’s only been a few days.. I missed her! We had so much to catch up on but nowhere near enough time. I was really grouchy in class because we still had so much material to cover that he ended up skipping major sections and not giving us any sort of review for the final. I don’t understand why professors do that, it’s so ridiculous! The same thing happened in lit – we didn’t study one single author (until today) that is still alive. This is 20 and 21 century literature, folks. Which means that we should’ve covered SOMETHING past 1950.
Anyway, then during art Salvador asked us if we remembered about our essay. Umm, what essay?! Yeah, we have a 5 page paper due in two days. I was obviously frustrated about it and voiced my opinion and we ended up getting the deadline extended until next Tuesday. Definitely better but I’m still mad about it. Apparently it was on the syllabus so we were supposed to know. A. What student reads the syllabus to begin with and B. What student remembers end of the year assignments assigned in January?
Honestly.
We came home and had a big lunch and spent the whole time until class just chatting and catching up. Who needs to study, right? Well, quite frankly, I should. I went to POE then had 45 minutes before my French final that I hadn’t even looked at my notes for yet. I spent half of the time preparing for the written portion and the other half just blindly flipping through my packets and pretending like I was going to remember any of it. Turns out that the written portion wasn’t even on it – it was a totally different question than what he told me it would be! I was really hot and tired and grouchy so I feel like I wasn’t concentrating very well. I guess there’s nothing I can do about it now – just wait to find out my grade!
I came back and did a little writing and picture sorting before dinner. All four of us girls sat around having some tortilla española – so cute. Taylor got the same impression as I did from the Italian girls, nice but sort of brash is maybe a good way to say it? One of them always says “ok” in this funny voice, we kept giggling at her but trying to hide it…
I took a shower after dinner and we successfully cleaned up the tornado of a room we had. I didn’t do any studying but did get caught up (except the 12 days I’m still missing from a month ago..) on my blogs. Mostly we just did more chatting and caught each other up on our recent news which was waaay better than schoolwork!