Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Went to my last grammar class then hung around and studied for my finals. I met up with Mitch and Taylor after their class then we went to Parque García Lorca and hung out among the roses until about 2:00 when we went to Graciela and Lucía’s piso for lunch. It was so sweet for them to invite us over and the food was delicious! They made salad, mashed potatoes, pork chops with veggies, bread, and a huge bucket of sangria. It wasn’t strong though and there was lots and lots of fruit in it, yum! Everything was so flavorful and original (except the boxed potatoes but I was so happy to have them after 4 months of going without) Taylor and Mitch had class/tests and Ami and the other girl had stuff to do so I hung out for a little while talking with Graciela, Lucía, and Christelle.
When it was finally time to go I came home to grab my computer and some notes then went back to the CLM. First I stopped for the best ice cream cone EVER – a chocolate cone with stracciatella so creamy it was almost soft-serve. I should’ve spent the afternoon studying like a madman but ended up Skyping .. oops. First I talked with Mom and then Dad came home so I got to talk to him too! Then I talked to Mandy and Roberta until it was time to go back for dinner. I miss them all so much, I can’t believe I’ll be seeing them in just over a week… Crazy!
We had dinner with the Italian girls (who I’m liking less and less each day) then did some serious studying. I have three finals tomorrow and I’m totally unprepared for all of them! While we were studying we heard Juli and little Julia talking about how they wanted to stay out until 2 or 2:30 and asked if she would still be up to let them in. Obviously we wouldn’t be using them until tomorrow so Juli gave them my keys since she’s a little fed up with this. Also, before they left she showed little Julia the new Hípercor ad since she knew the girls really like shopping. It had a bunch of cheap stuff for pretty cheap and she was just showing it to them so when she asked about a certain pair of pants in the ad Julia just bluntly said, “no me gustan” and ya está. How rude..