4-23-09

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Had literature class, used the internet, and then finally went to the colorful cathedral near the CLM. I always walk by it and it was finally open when I went by. It was really nice on the inside, too. For Art History we went on a visit to the big cathedral which was also very cool. Today really made me realize how desensitized I am to cathedrals – how sad. After the visit, Taylor and I took our bocadillos to the park nearby and enjoyed them in the sunshine. It’s one of my favorite plazas: palm trees, cafés, flowers, and it’s pretty small. The only downside is there’s some construction but that’s everywhere, right? We wandered through Bib-Rambla with ice cream and checked out the books. It’s the Fiesta del Libro all throughout Spain so there’s been a bunch of sales and stands all over. We went back and waited for our meeting that never happened. The Italian lady in my French class invited everyone to be involved in an intercambio program she was helping out with. I was really excited for it since I regret never getting one but unfortunately, she didn’t show up. I sent some emails, had POE, break, French, then had dinner where we had a little treat before Julia went out with her friends. Aka she was spilling out of her shirt at 60+ and had no problem showing us and talking about it. Whoa. After dinner, we went for tapas with Jeff and Mitch – yes, I realize that’s not really the way it works but we like to do both dinner and tapas. I hadn’t been out in Granada for a looooong time so I’m glad we decided to spend the weekend here. There’s not much time left!