Thursday, April 16, 2009
Julia knew we were still pissed off so she has started laying on the preciosas, guapas, cariños, when she talks to us. Thank goodness we’re off for Portugal for the weekend. Anyway, I went to class this morning then finally took my Iberia reimbursement check into Verónica’s office to hopefully figure something out since all of my other options have been depleted. We started talking and she got up, grabbed her coat and purse and said, “venga, vamos”. We headed down the street to her bank (which I thought she originally told me was in a pueblo of Granada) and I got my money!!!!!! We talked to a guy there, both signed the check, then she took out €200 from her account and I ended up with cash in my pocket :) An extra euro, actually so she said that I should te invito yo sometime to a café and we’d be even. Yippee!!! Just in time for our trip, too.
So after that I met with my professor about our lit project and she seemed pretty good with what we had prepared so far. Lunch was zucchini soup and croquetas – aka the most filling meal there is. I went back to class and just before French my stomach started feeling a little gurgly. (I’ll just say this once – diarrhea.) So knowing that I had a 5 hour bus and then a plane ride ahead of me Taylor and I stopped at the Farmácia on the way back and I popped a couple of those babies right away to get things rolling. I was glad Taylor had her dictionary in her bag so I didn’t have to describe to the guy exactly what my symptoms were.. that could’ve been ugly. I warned Julia when we got back that I wasn’t feeling great, proceeded to have an in-depth conversation about my intestinal problems, but then I was glad when she gave me a special dinner: lemon in my water, yogurt, just two empanadas, and some plain bread. We were packing when Francisco and his girlfriend Francesca got there. It was so good to see him again – he’s so sweet and Taylor and I both agreed that we like him better than Rafa. I really liked Francesca too, (better than Mundi..) and I absolutely cracked up when she kept saying they have the same name “Francisco y Francisca”. Francisco corrected her every time and gave us a funny look but Juli insisted that Francisca is Francesca in Italian and that she’ll refer to her in Spanish – wow, sometimes Julia is such a señora.
Unfortunately, 90% of our conversation was another in-depth discussion about diarrhea. (The other 10% was about Morocco, not great either but better than the night before) He travels a lot so he gave me some pills which are supposed to work well. We lost track of time when we were talking so we quick threw the rest of our stuff in our backpacks, went to the bathroom, then headed to the bus stop. We waited around at the bus station until 1:30 with Steph, Whitney, Jeff, and Cassandra (they were going to Toledo and Segovia) until our bus took off.