5-6-09

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!
I woke up for Grammar then quick tried to look up some flights for this weekend. Obviously everything was full or super expensive so it looks like I’m not doing anything too crazy this weekend L Hopefully I’ll spend a couple days at the beach and go hiking with Mitch and José. After that I walked to Parque García Lorca and went through the casa-museo since it’s free on Wednesdays. I met up with Steph and we took the guided tour through Lorca’s family’s summer house that’s right in the middle of the park. It was sooo cool! After he and was shot during the Civil War his family moved to New York and left the house completely intact to the servants. Almost everything in the house was in its original form. His bedroom had a desk where he wrote Bodas de sangre, Yerma, and La casa de Bernarda Alba! There were pictures, rough drafts, letters, and some of his artwork on display (he was actually quite talented – surrealism). I’m such a nerd but it was awesome! After the visit I whipped my blanket out of my bag and sat down in the sun. I finished up my Granada Seminar paper then laid down and soaked up some rays for a while. The park was so beautiful – sun, grass, people, and the biggest most beautiful roses I’ve ever seen.
On the way home I called Mom but she didn’t answer, and then called back a little while later. I wish I could be home with everyone today but I guess I’ll be there in two weeks. TWO WEEKS! It was so good to talk to her though J I also caught Dad! We had lunch, I did some writing and homework, then I Skyped with Mom, Mandy, Laura, and Rob! Mom’s new computer looks pretty nice and she seemed pretty happy with it. Everyone else was good, I can’t believe I’ll be seeing them all so soon – I can’t wait!
Just for the record, Julia is getting crazier and crazier. This morning she told us not to rip off the shiny wrapper that covers the inside of the ColaCao because if it’s flapped over it keeps it fresher. Taylor ripped the one off the butter one morning and she put it back on. Gross! She also is convinced that I can go to Halcon Viajes and get a cheap trip for this weekend to the Canary Islands – cheaper than RyanAir?